Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Blue Christmas...

I just added the finishing touches to yet another Lili of the Valley Christmas card. I just can't get enough of these adorable James the Bear images, and this card ranks up there with some of my favorites that I've created this year.  (Maybe it's because it's blue, and that's my favorite color, hehe!)  I created this card with a couple of challenges in mind.  I used the sketch from Stamptacular Sunday and I just love the way it turned out!  I also created it with the Simon Says Stamp challenge in mind as well: Prince Charming (for male and charm) and it's going to MY Prince Charming this year!  I used Bazzill paper for all the mounts.  The blue flocked paper is Frosted Blvd - Snow Veil by Heidi Grace Shimmer Flocked paper and the white Snowflake paper is Frost Flock Paper Blue, also by Heidi Grace Designs.  I love the texture and shine of this paper!  I colored James the Bear in with my Copics and added Diamond stickles to his hat, the ribbon on the presents, and the snow at his feet.  I attached the snowflake charm using a Tim Holtz mini pin through the ribbon.  The Merry Christmas is an old stamp I found by Precious Moments.


Here's another angle:


For the inside, I added the patterned paper to both half and mad a bow using my Bow Easy (I love this thing!).  On the bottom half, I used two of my Deckled Rectangles Spellbinders to create a place for the message.  I added an Inkadinkadoo sentiment and a snowflake embellishment in the corner.


One last picture - I hope you like this one!


I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Stamptacular Sunday - Sketch
Simon Says Stamp - Prince Charming
Reasonable Ribbon - Christmas
Wild Orchid - Blue Christmas
Die Cut Christmas Club - Snowflakes
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Whatever Makes You Happy (Blue, Snowflakes, and Teddy Bears)
weeMemories - Dust off that Patterned Paper
Paper Sundaes - Toppings Bar: Punches, Ribbon, Embossing, Blue - Used 3
Secret Crafter - Sparkle and Shine
Sweet Stampin - Snowflakes

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Tiara, so sweet and beautifully coloured, love the image and papers you've used.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is a breathtaking creation
    thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter: 109 Sparkle and shine,
    Good luck,
    Hugs Bridget ;) x.
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous! I think LOTV has some of the cutest Christmas stamps. Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing layering and design! Thank you so much for playing with us at Wee Memories Challenge (pattern paper) this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute little bear this is, love the all bleu theme, great take on our sketch as well. Thanks for joining us at SSC this week and happt crafting! Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice layout! I like that the inside part is decorative too!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous

    Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful card inside & out! Love the shades of blue too. Thanks for joining us at the SSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WoW!! It's Fab. Great Layout. LOve your colours too. Thank you for joining us at Die cut Dreams Christmas Club.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really lovely, thanks for joining us at DCD Christmas Club.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so cute! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! Such a lovely shade of blue and you've colored the image wonderfully!
    Thanks for playing with us at Stamptacular Sunday this week! Good Luck on our Sketch challenge!
    Hugs
    Dee (Spryte)♥
    Sprytebyrds Spot

    ReplyDelete
  13. FAbulous Tiara! The inside of your card is just as wonderful as the outside. Gorgeous colors and papers. Cute image, very nicelycolored.
    Thank's for playing along with us this week in our Stamptacular sketch challenge. Hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so sweet and beautifully laid out, thanks for joining us at the Die Cut Dreams Christmas Club, hope you'll check back for our new challenge on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card - love the colour!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is an adorable Christmas card! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card you made, Tiara. The image is cute and I like your color combination. Thank you so much for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week. Hope to see you again.
    Karina

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is lovely!
    Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  19. A wonderful creation - Thank you so much for joining the team at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week ... we hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete