Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Countdown

This project made Top 3 at Die Cut Christmas Club Challenges!
                   
I was Runner Up!!!
This project was runner up at Bizzy Bec's December Challenge!

I was up late last night trying to finish this project and I just put the finishing touches on it!  It's another one of my projects for the swap on the Cricut MB I'm in and it's a Christmas Countdown starring Santa Edwin (which can be found at 7Kids College Fund.com.  I made it into a box drawer with an easel card top.  The paper is from My Minds Eye Christmas glitter pack from last year and it is very sparkly.  I love it!  I followed the sketch from Sketch and Stash and the image I used is a brand new one from the Merry Little Collection - he's soooo cute!  I colored him with my Copics and cut him out with one of my Labels Spellbinders, which can be found at StampingScrapping.com.  I inked the edges with Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Ink and then added Diamond Stickles to the white trim on Santa's hat and his suit.  The Dear Santa sentiment was from a piece of designer paper I had in my stash.  I cut Santa's sack out from the Paper Dolls cartridge and my Cricut.  I used Christmas Red stickles for the string on his bag.  I tied a bow using white satin ribbon and my Bow Easy (I LOVE this thing - perfect for the bow-challenged crafters like me!).  I cut the mats for the numbers, punched holes using the crop-a-dile and cut the numbers using the Calligraphy Cartridge and my cricut.  I made it so my partner and her son could count down from 99 days until Christmas - I hope they like it!  The "Days Til Christmas" was also cut with my Cricut and Calligraphy Cartridge.  I added a white paper rose and the round sentiment was a digital stamp, but once again, I forget where I found it (I gotta get better at this!)  I haven't decided yet what I'm going to put inside yet....maybe Hershey Kisses, or possibly some cards since most of the cards I make would fit in the box.


Here's a close-up of Santa Edwin, his bag and the countdown!



A side angle - there's tons of pop-dots and dimensionals on this one!


And one last picture with the drawer open:



I am entering this project in the following challenges:

Sketch and Stash - Sketch (New Stash - Santa Edwin (love him!))
Stamp Something - Christmas Colors
Die Cut Christmas Club - Santa's Sack
Secret Crafter - Christmas
Fantabulous Cricut - Gifts Galore!
Wild Orchid Challenge - Old Fashioned Christmas
Reasonable Ribbon - Anything But a Card
Cooking with Cricut - No Red AND Green Together
7 Kids College Fund - Winter Wonderland
Scrappy Frogs - Holiday Decor
Bunny Zoe's Monthly Challenge - Christmas...but not a card!
Creative Card Crew - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Holiday Greetings
Fussy and Fancy - Anything but a Card
Stamping Scrapping - Winter Wonderland

23 comments:

  1. Boy, I can see a lot of people 'casing' this idea, me included. It's just darling. Thanks for sharing at the SSCC challenge. C2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too, too cute...and perfectly done too! Thank you so much for joining us at SSCC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow.... I love it!! its gorgeous!!! just perfect :o) thanks for joining us at DCD Christmas Club xx Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is fabulous, Tiara!! Beautiful papers and embellies -- and what a great idea, too. Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Cooking With Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Tiara!!! I WANT ONE!!!!!! LOL, or I might just "borrow" this idea. It is absolutely adorable!!!! Thanks so much for joining us at DCD Christmas Club sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice!! Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute!
    Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy cow, this is cute. I absolutely love it. Thanks for playing with us at this week at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW I luv it! what a fabulous creation

    Thank you for joining us at sketch & stash

    xx Lizzy xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is a gorgeous creation just perfect for our Christmas challenge at the SCSC thanks for sharing it with us this week
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow this is fab. Great take on the sketch. Thank you for sharing with us at Sketch and Stash this time x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a terrific Christmas project! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute is that? What a great Advent calendar. Love your Edwin.

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous creation with alot of love and attention to detail. Thanks for sharing with us at Bizzy Becs this month. Have a good christmas.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I Love This! Great job! What a great idea! Thanks for joining our Winter Wonderland Challenge over on Stamping Scrapping Challenge Central!
    Hugs, Wini

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is too cute. I love it :) thanks for playing with us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG! How cute is this!! Great idea!! Love the image!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a super countdown box! Your swap-ee will be thrilled! It looks fantastic!
    Thanks so much for playing along at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantabulous project.....great way to count those days!

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is so cute and adorable I LOve it, what a great gift for someone !!!thanks for participating in the challenge at the fccb!
    scrappinwithmybug.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow teria this is stunning and so beautifully made thanks for joining us at sketch n stash hope to see you next week when we have a very special challenge 51 hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this Christmas countdown calendar! I would love a link to a tutorial if you have one! Thanks, T

    ReplyDelete