Friday, February 25, 2011

Fussy and Fancy DT: Paper Piercing and/or Dry Embossing

It's been another rough week with not another crafting time!  I really need to get over this stupid sinus infection and get back in my crafting groove!  But I did finish my card for the Fussy and Fancy DT Challenge.  This week, we are asking to see Paper Piercing and/or Dry Embossing.  I chose to go with Paper Piercing, as this technique is a somewhat new one to me.  I tried it for the last challenge, and I loved it!  I also used a new design of a card for this one.  I was browsing the Lili of the Valley website and came across this fantastic envelope card tutorial.  I loved the look of the card and wanted to try one for myself.  So simple, I LOVE it! 

For my card, I followed the sketch from Wild Orchid Crafts and I love the way it turned out on this card.  I'm also very excited because my first order of Wild Orchid flowers FINALLY came in!  I'm not patient enough for these trans-continental orders to arrive!!!!  I used one of my new stamps, Tilda with Balloon and one of my new punches, Martha Stewart's Swirling Lace punch.  The color scheme is again one of my favorites, brown, pink, and cream.  The pink and white glitter paper is SEI's sweet nothings and the rose paper is from Paper Pizzaz.  I chose to make Tilda's dress out of the same glittery paper to tie it all together.  I alos used a corner stamp, distressed the edges with Tim Holtz Walnut Stain distress Ink, the flower treatment is Wild Orchid and I added a beautiful stick pin sent to me by one of my friends.  All right, enough gibberish, here's my card - I hope you like it!



This is the front view of my envelope card and here is the back:



Here's the card open on the inside:


And one last shot of the front view when the card is opened.  I hope you like this different style of card!



I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Stamping Scrapping Challenge Central - Pink Challenge (Copics, Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink, and Tilda with Balloon can be found here!)
Magnolia-licious Challenge - Pink and Brown
Simon Says Stamp - Coffee and Cream
Ribbon Girls - Pink, Brown, and Cream
A Spoonfull Of Sugar - Birthday Wishes
Going Grey - They Say It's Your Birthday
All That Scraps Magnolia Challenge - Let's Celebrate Birthdays!
Magnolia Down Under - Distressing
Stamptacular Sunday - SOS - Someone Special (For a Dear Friend!)
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Show Some Stripes (Stripes on the Rose Paper)
7 Kids Challenge Blog - Calling All Squares (Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink and Tilda with Balloon can be found here)

12 comments:

  1. Great idea to use your background paper on the dress to tie the whole thing together! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greaty card - love the paper on the dress! Thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl colour challenge! Mary and Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiara, love your DT card. Beautiful. Love this adorable Tilda and her paper-pieced dress. Gorgeous DP's you have. I haven't seen this style of card/envelope before. I'll have to give it a try. TSF.
    Thanks for playing with us at the Magnolia Challenge.

    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely Card.
    Thanks for joining in our challenge by SimonSaysStamp and in the DT Call.

    Domi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tiara...ooohhh... how wonderful!! I know what you mean about ordering from elsewhere in the world...but believe me, Wild Orchid flowers are well worth the wait!! I'm sooooo not a patient person...but I'll wait and wait and wait if that's what it takes. Their flowers are just amazing!! And speaking of amazing...your card is amazing!! I love your design...I'll have to try one of there envelope cards! And your DPs and design are perfect! Love the new flowers too! So pleased that you've joined us for this month's Inspiration Challenge at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog!! Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tiara,
    Great card envelope!
    I love that you have used some of your awesome design paper for Tilda's dress. It always looks so different in a small space and yet ties the card together so well. I think you have done a great job with the design of your card. Tilda is obviously the main element and yet your embellishments make her stand out even more. Just the right amount of them. Great new MS border punch, lovely flowers and wonderful pin.
    Thanks so much for playing with us at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are feeling better soon hun...I know how NOT fun sinus infections are! Blech! Hope you're back to crafting in no time! Beautiful card..Tilda looks adorable! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely beautiful creation, great colors. Thanks for joining us at Going Grey with Scrap-creations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so sweet and the card design is very unique! This is one of my fave Magnolia images too. Thanks so much for playing along with us at 7 kids!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So adorable, thanks for sharing!

    Hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
    http://pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/2011/02/march-kit-preview-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super sweet card with the pink & brown combo. Love your card box too. Thank you so much for joining us at Magnolia-licious Challenge. Hope to see you again for the up coming challenges :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool card designing Tiara! Thanks for linking up to the All That Scraps Magnolia "Let's Celebrate Birthdays" Challenge! So glad you did!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete