Friday, March 11, 2011

Fussy and Fancy DT: Mindy's Sketch

This week at Fussy and Fancy, we are asking to see a card made using a sketch by our own talented Mindy!  As I was preparing to make my card for the DT, I was going through my stash and realized I didn't have any "Just Because" cards.  I'm in a lot of swaps, and am always reaching for a card to send along, so I figured I better build up my stash.  For this card, I tried out one of my new toys, the Sew Easy tool sent to me by a friend.  I've still got a few kinks to work out, but I like the overall idea of it.  For this card I used one of the new Magnolia stamps, Tilda with Heart Lace and I think she's adorable!  I distressed the edges with Tim Holtz Walnut Stain, my fav.  I also used my new Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch.  I finally broke down and bought it for myself - I've bought a few for others but decided I could no longer live without one of my own.  The paper I used is from Bo Bunny and yes, it's another card in my favorite color combo, pink and brown.  I just can't help myself, but I promise I'll try to move on to new colors soon.  The sentiment is by Fiskars and the flower treatment is from Wild Orchid.  I really LOVE these flowers and wish I would have ordered more the first time I placed an order.  I just wasn't sure what size and type I needed, but I've decided I NEED them all, lol.


Here's a shot of the inside, which I left pretty simple.  For the journaling square, I inked the edges and used a corner stamp to give it some flair.  This paper is also by Bo Bunny.


I hope you like this card and can't wait to see what you come up with for the Fussy and Fancy Challenge this week!



I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Wild Orchid Crafts - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Bunny Zoe's - Spring - Flowers Everywhere
Delightful Sketches - Welcome Spring

2 comments:

  1. this is so so pretty Tiara I love this Tilda shes a real sweetie...thanks for joining in with the Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors...she is well done. I'm soo impressed with your talent.

    HUGs
    rhonda

    ReplyDelete