Friday, March 25, 2011

Fussy and Fancy: Feathers or Zippers

I must admit, this was a difficult challenge for me!  I had no idea how I was going to incorporate a zipper into my project and I was at a loss for feathers too!  Then I searched my house from top to bottom and couldn't find a single feather anywhere!  So I resigned myself to using a stamp that had a bird or feathers on it....wouldn't you know I didn't really have any of those either!  I was in panic mode until I stumbled across one of my new Sarah Kay stamps - aren't these chicks adorable!  I thought it would make for a perfect Easter/spring card - and I'm hoping to slide by with the feathers on these chicks!  I sure hope you guys get more creative with your projects using feathers and zippers than what I was able to be!

But anyways, here is my project.  I followed the sketch from Sketch Saturday and I love the way it turned out!  The butterfly/striped paper is from Graphic 45 and sent to me by a friend.  I love the colors on this project!  I used my Martha Stewart doily lace punch and her butterfly punch and there are lots of Spellbinders used as well.  I used Classic Ovals for my image and on the inside, I used my small deckled rectangles.  The flowers are by Wild Orchid Crafts and my Happy Easter stamp is a new one, only I can't for the life of me remember who it's by. (Isn't it sad when old age creeps in, hehe!)  Finally, I added some bling in the corners to tie in the pink on my image.


Here's a close-up of the image, I think she turned out cute!


Here's a shot of the inside where I once again put my Martha Stewart punches to good use!

And finally, a close-up of my journaling spot - I forgot to add I inked the edges with one of my Color Box inks as well.


Well, I hope you liked my card and I can't wait to see your creations using feathers and zippers!  I sure hope it's an easier challenge for you than it was for me this week!


I am entering this card in the following challenges:




1 comment:

  1. This is a gorgeous card, love your colouring, and such a fabulous image.I love the little chicks...how cute.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete