Friday, May 6, 2011

Fussy and Fancy: Sketch

Ever felt like there was a black cloud hanging above your head and followed you everywhere?  Well, that's been me this past week or so.  No matter how hard I try to shake it, it's always there!  It started last Wednesday with the terrible weather - not good for somebody terrified of storms to begin with, not to mention that same somebody that was stupid enough to watch images of the massive tornados all day on TV.  Crazy severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings all night Wednesday, didn't sleep a wink!  Then, my birthday was Monday - just what I didn't want, lol, another reminder of how old I've gotten!  Then yesterday, I do believe my poor car has taken it's final breath!  I knew this day was coming and it's tragic, lol.  My car's been with me through everything...all of the thousands of hours of KFC that went into paying her off, all the trips to and from Shippensburg for Undergrad, all the trips to and from Shenandoah for Grad School, not to mention countless trips, vacations, and road trips.  But, last night, my car would not start...not even a sputter!  Thought the battery might be dead so in torrential downpours we tried jumping her...nothing.  Doesn't look for my poor old 2001 Cavalier with 147,000+ miles on her.  And it sucks because I can't afford a new vehicle at this time so I'm virtually a prison of my own house.  Oh well, gives me plenty of time to craft, right?

This week at Fussy and Fancy, we have another great sketch for you guys to follow.  I wasn't sure if I was going to like how this project turned out, but turns out, I love it after all!  My base card is from Core'dinations and my designer paper is from Kaisercraft.  I colored Tilda with Peony up with my Copics, cut her out with my Spellbinders and inked the edges.  I then added some beautiful flowers from Wild Orchid and finished the card off with some Recollection flourish bling!

For the inside of the card, I added more of the same designer paper along with a journaling block with inked edges.  Sorry the picture is sideways, but hopefully you get the idea!

 
Hope you like it and can't wait to see what you create for our Sketch Challenge over at Fussy and Fancy!  Here's hoping this black cloud soon finds a new home and leaves me alone!!!!


I am entering this card in the following challenges:

1 comment:

  1. Tiara, I love this card! It is so pretty with the pink and black and you did a wonderful job coloring the Tilda!

    GrandmaJ

    ReplyDelete