Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Midsummer Tilda Birthday Card

My grandmother passed away over the weekend and it's been a rough few days.  I've been doing some coloring and making some cards to try to get my mind off of everything.  Here's a card I made with several challenges in mind. 


I think brown and pink are starting to become one of my favorite color combinations - I just think they go so well together!  The Tilda is Midsummer Tilda by Magnolia and she's one of my favorites!  I colored her in with my Copics.  The Birthday sentiment is from a Fiskars clear stamp package.  The brown and pink swirl paper is Bittersweet by Basic Grey and the pink and white paper is Sweet Nothings from the Lovebirds collection by SEI.  I love them both!  I cut Tilda out with the large deckled rectangle spellbinder and added some brown pearls by Recollections. I used a lot of pop dots on this card to make the image stand out and give it some dimension.   I followed the Friday Sketch and I love how it turned out!


I haven't added a sentiment yet to the inside because I'm not sure yet where it's going.  But, I did cover the inside with Basic Grey designer paper and added a pocket at the bottom for a gift card, tag, or inserts.  I hope you like it!



I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Friday Sketchers - Sketch
7Kids Challenge - Birthdays
Stamp Something - Something Pink
Totally Tilda - Pink and Pearls
Sentimental Sundays - Birthdays! (Plus a sentiment)

5 comments:

  1. Very sweet! Thank you for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well made card, and your colouring is gorgeous!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Sentimental Sundays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Tiara :-) I love this Tilda and the papers and colours you used are lovely :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Stamp Something Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card, great colouring. Thank you for joining in with our Pink and Pearls challenge at Totally Tilda this time. Good Luck.
    Hugs
    Dawn and the TT DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card!! ♥

    Thanks for joining us this week at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge blog. ^_^

    Hugs,
    ⓂⒶⓃⓊⒺⓁⒶ

    ReplyDelete