Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Romantic Tilda & Sparkling Tilda

I Made Top 3!!!
This card made Top Three at Stamptacular Sunday!

Whew.  I just finished up what was probably one of the most difficult cards I've made thus far.  It was for a couple of challenges, but also made for a future swap partner, so I wanted everything to be perfect.  Recently I've seen some pretty amazing tri-shutter cards, so I was inspired to create one for myself.  That wasn't what made this card so difficult.  It was the color scheme I was working with.  For Stamping Scrapping, the challenge was yellow and black and for the new Magnolia-licious challenge blog, the color scheme was yellow and pink.  I'm not that big of a yellow fan and I normally don't think of yellow and pink as going together, but I must say, i like the end result.  The base of my card is black and then I alternated mounting pink Sweet Nothings by SEI on yellow and yellow on pink throughout the card design.  I used Romantic Tilda which can be purchased at Stamping Scrapping here and Sparkling Tilda which can be purchased at 7Kids College Fund here.  I colored both images with my Copics and then cut Sparkling Tilda out by hand and used my curved rectangles spellbinders to cut out Romantic Tilda.  I then used the same sized die to cut out a pink rectangle and a yellow rectangle to mount my image on.  The flowers are by Kaisercraft (Pink Petaloo) and I glimmer misted them with Pearl Glimmer Mist to add some sparkle.  I also used Diamond Stickles on Sparkling Tilda's wings and halo.  The sentiment is from a Fiskars sentiment pack and the pink pearls are by Queen & Co.  Here's the front of the card.


Here's a close-up of Romantic Tilda:



And some shots of the card open:





And one last close-up of Sparkling Tilda:



 
I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Magnolia-Licious Challenge - Pink and Yellow
Stamptacular Sundday Challenge - DT Inspiration - Marianne's Tri-Shutter Card
Your Next Stamp - YNS It! (Yellow, Nesties, Stickles) - Used all three
7 Kids Challenge - Give Thanks
Creative Card Crew - Give Thanks
Just Magnolia - Anything Goes opt Beads
Scrappy Frogs Challenge - Give Thanks

21 comments:

  1. Wow Tiara! This is fabulous! I love the DPs and how you have embellished the card with the flowers and pearls. The Tildas you've used are just perfect. Thanks for playing along with us at the New Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog and we hope you play along with us again soon. Thanks also for entering my blog candy and good luck. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a beautiful card. I just love Tilda! Beautifully colored and designed! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew this week.
    Denise
    CCC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tiara, You've made a lovely shutter card. I think the pink and yellow go well together.
    Adore the Tilda images coloured so pretty.
    Well done and thank you for playing along with Creative Card Crew.
    Hugs cherie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tiara...what a beautiful card!! I love the design...you are soooo brave...and so clever!! Love both images you chose!! Lovely coloring too!! Thanks so much for playing with us in the challenge!! YAY! Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard to believe this was a hard challenge for you, you did so well with it. It's a great card, thanks for playing again at SSCC. C2

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tiara. I luvvvv shutter cards. Yours is beautiful. Love both of our Tildas, wonderfully coloured. Gorgeous glittery DP. Thanks for joining us in our very first Magnolia-licious Challenge.

    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card fold and you've made a gorgeous one using these beautifully colored images! Wonderful papers too! Thanks for joining us this week at the Magnolia-licious Challenge blog. hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing card! Great job - I am sure your swap partner will LOVE it. Thanks for joining our yellow and black challenge at Stamping Scrapping Challenge Blog. Hugs, Wini

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I just love the shape of this card. Thanks for playing along with Your Next Stamp and Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.
    Linda C....DT for YNS and M-lCB.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have done a grand job of both challenges using black, pink and yellow. Both Tilda's are coloured beautifully. I LOVE your design paper!
    Thank you so much for joining our first colour challenge at Magnolia-licious CHALLENGE BLOG.
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet Tilda card & such gorgeous papers too! Thanks forjoining our DT inspiration challenge at SSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is my first time visiting your blog. I just made my first Tri Shutter card too. They are so much fun to make and everyone says: "AW." Your card is adorable. I know what you mean about coordinating papers. If you have a moment, please feel free to check out my blog:
    http://u-inspire-me.blogspot.com/ I will post my current card at midnight on Sunday. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gtreat tri-shutter you made, I tried it several times but never got the hang of it. Love the colours you used. Thank you for joining us at SSC this week and happy crafting! Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Card! Thank you for joining us on the Magnolia-Licious Challenge Blog!!
    Tracy Valure

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, how beautiful card! I love these tri - shutter cards, but never tried it to do it myself. Maybe someday.. ;) I love those Magnolia images, especially Romantic Tilda, it´s my favourite :)

    Thank you for joining us at this weeks SSC and hope to see you again :)

    Hugs,
    Karita

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute pink & yellow tri-shutter card. Thanks so much for joining us at Magnolia-licious Challenge and hope to see you again for the next ones :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable card. Your image is sooooo cute! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the creative card crew!
    Denise
    CCC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cute is this...love the card design and your choices of Tildas', PERFECT!!
    Maggie hugs,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tiara, big congrats on making our TOP 3 at SSC! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  20. She's a beauty in her pink with the yellow umbrella!! I've never tried this type of card but your card is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh WOW!!!! What an amazing creation all your efforts really paid off! Thanks for playing along with the YNS Challenge!

    ReplyDelete