Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tilda Sympathy Card

Here's a card I just finished and it was made with several challenges in mind.  Charisma Cardz and 4 Craft Chicks were asking for sympathy cards so that was the theme for this one.  I followed the sketch for Stampin' for the Weekend, which also had a twist of butterflies.  I love how it turned out.  The paper I used was Halloween paper from Little Yellow Bicycle.  I'm not sure of the name of it though because I used up some scraps.  I colored Tilda in with my Copics, distressed the edges with Black Soot and cut her out with my Oval Spellbinders.  The butterflies are a Martha Stewart punch and I'm unsure of the manufacturer of either of my stamps because the label has been worn off.


Here's another angle:


A close-up of Tilda and her rose:

Here's the inside:


And finally, a closer picture of the sentiment.  I hope you like it!


I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Stampin for the Weekend - Sketch w/ a twist: Butterfly
Charisma Cardz - Sympathy/Sorry
4 Crafty Chicks - Sympathy
Totally Paper Crafts - Purple & Black
Magnolia Down Under - Shabby Chic






5 comments:

  1. Tiara, your card is beautiful! I love the sentiments and your image! Your coloring is just beautiful. You rocked out all challenges. Thank you so much for leaving your link with us to share your inspiring card with us! Hope we will see you next week at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect image for a sympathy card, terrific work,
    Thanks for playing at MDUC this week,
    Hugs
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find sympathy card so difficult, but you have done a great job with this one. Tilda is coloured beautofully and I like the butterflies.
    Thanks for joining our 'Black and Purple' challenge at Totally Papercrafts this week.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning, very beautiful :o) Thanks for playing along with the SFTW challenge :o) Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! great design! thanks for joining us at MDUC, hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete