Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Gift

Winner badge
This project won at All That Scraps!

Wow!  I sure have  been busy creating this past week.  Sooooooo much to do and not enough time to get everything finished by Christmas!  Why am I always such a procrastinator!  Here's another project I just finished for a 12 Days of Christmas swap I'm in on the Cricut MB.  I decided to try my hand at a Tissue Box holder and I absolutely love how it turned out!  I was going to make a Christmas Tissue Box, but I figured this way my partner could use it year round if she wanted to.  I used my favorite color combination for this one, as pink and brown is also a favorite of my partners.  I followed the sketch from Totally Gorjuss for each side of the box and I think it turned out cute.  The paper is by Kaisercraft and I got it from StampingScrapping.com.  I also got my Magnolia pink garland there as well.  My flowers were originally white ones by Recollection, but I colored them with my pink copic (R81) and sprayed them with my Pearl Glimmer Mist to make them sparkle and shine.  The pink bling I used is also from Kaisercraft.  I used four Tilda images (Midsummer Tilda, Dinner Tilda, Sweet Tilda, and Fairydust Tilda) and cut each of them out by hand and mounted them on the pink paper.  These Magnolia images can be found here at All That Scraps.  I'm sending a box of kleenexes along, but did not want to open them yet as they're not for me.  I hope you like my first attempt at one of these projects!


Here's each of the sides:





And a view from up top.  I love how the flowers match my project because I was able to color them with the same Copic!


I am entering this project in the following challenges:

Totally Gorjuss - Sketch
Fussy and Fancy - Anything but a Card
ABC Challenge - J is for Jewels and Gems
All That Scraps - Gift Ideas *****This project won the All That Scraps challenge!!!!*****
Creative Inspirations - Christmas Gifts

5 comments:

  1. Love your tissue box cover. Really pretty with all these sweet Tildas. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea, it's so cute. I'd love to have one of those. Thanks for entering the challenge at creative inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cover. love the image and all the sweet Tildas. Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out super cute. I bet she'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful tissue box cover, your detailing and image are fabulous and well presented! Thanks for joining us at ATS!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete